Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Beach Sort of Day

Cape Henlopen
Delaware State Park
We got all this for $4: sand, surf and fun in the sun!
This is the crowded beach later in the pm... being the early birds that we are, it was quite quiet for some time!! (see photos below) And we venture in for our first swim ever in the Atlantic Ocean...
Wooohoooooo!
(They couldn't stop screaming... every time the waves came in!)

Going for a walk down the beach (Look at that skinny daddy!)
Watch out for these jellyfish, guys!
(Then mom proceeds to step on one... nothing happened to me!)
Heading back to do some swimming in the surf!
(I know I see the dot in the middle of the photo, Phil has to do some special cleaning!!)
We did it - the whole burying some unlucky family member in the sand...
Dora... you're next!
Here we are... attacking those waves! 1-2 footers my FOOT!

Ready to jump!
Hooray boy! Good jump!
Emma's ready... set...
That looks like a pretty big one! (Undertow was quite strong I thought!) Both kids had a few good pulled unders and knocked overs consecutively by a couple waves.
That's dad out there... trying to catch a wave in!
He's up, folks!
Luke getting a little bit clobbered by that one.
I'm not sure if that is Phil out there?? but that is a big wave coming in, people!
Ahhh, a day at the beach.
Did I mention that both kids slept on the way home? Emma almost the whole ride! We hope we get back to the beach someday! Maybe we'll try the Jersey shore...
A couple more flowers for you to vote on... (from our yard)



And the kiddos wanted a photo with their doggy, Seven!


Pirate Adventures coming soon... (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment