Ok, so it has definitely been awhile... I don't really know what I have been doing. Well, the kids did start school so that has been for at least a week... buying uniforms and supplies and figuring out the bus and whatnot. Before that we had a visit from Auntie Stacy - I will have to throw some photos in from that weekend. But here are some of the funny things kids do indeed say...
One early morning Emma says, "Mom, I can smell poop thru your nose." It is called Morning Breath, dear!
As we were out shopping one day, we came across a little airport with a "garage"... so we were explaining to the kids how it was actually called a hangar - a garage for airplanes is called that. I explained then that it was spelled differently than the hanger we use for clothes... the same word we hear but not written the same and different meaning... so, Phil and I were feeling proud of our little lesson for the day until... Emma then says, "A hangar - ok (she is mulling it over you can tell), let's spell clothes now mom..."
Lastly, as I mentioned previously, Aunt Stacy came to visit and Luke seemed to be really perplexed by her name... I would like to note that Aunt Stacy is a vegetarian and we have been explaining to our kids what this means. So anyway, he asks, "Why is her name "Steaky" if she doesn't eat meat?" (Stacy = Staky or hard c sound for the soft c in her name!) This kid just kills me! Needless to say that Aunt Stacy became Aunt Steaky all weekend... until at least, Emma started calling her Aunt Snakey... I still haven't figured that one out yet.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment