Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkins Galore (at the gardens)!

Longwood Gardens (PA)
What a beautiful place!
(And I have said it before and I'll say it again... we got a year pass as a gift from a family member and it truly has been such a wonderful place to go with the kids... and not have to pay!!!!)
I have started organizing all our photos from here and am going to make a fabulous "Longwood Gardens By the Season" scrapbook!

Look at these huge pumpkins and how they are carved! Amazing!





Here one of the carving artists is working hard!

This Chrysanthemum is crazy! Look at it! There are like 700 + flowers on it (if I remember correctly?)



This was a fun little train they had set up in one of the gardens... We are looking forward to seeing Longwood for the Holidays! We have heard that it is all decked out with lights and ice skaters on the pond, and decorated trees in the Conservatory... next Friday we will be there taking it all in!

I'd like to end with some thoughts that come from one of my favorite books. I let a friend borrow this book once and never got it back so I had to go buy a new one. (If you are that friend, don't worry about it. I can't remember who it was! I'm just happy that you liked the book so much!)
14, 000 Things to be happy about. is the title. I have read through this book - twice now - and made a mark on almost every page... noting the things that I really love or at least like a lot... or at least make me feel warm and cozy.

Here are some from pages 122-123:
the midnight hungries
clear, cool alpine breezes blowing on steep, snowy mountains
library research
soft, puffy, foot-long breadsticks with Italian tomato sauce
engagements
nail polish
shimmering blue lakes
getting an early start
liking the people you work with
playing Clue
cold vegetable salads
things that are quiet and old and simple and ordinary and very real

(I was busy checking out my book shelves today if you couldn't tell!!!)

And speaking of engagements, as Phil and I were getting to know each other, we had a set of 4 or 5 books that asked questions - some deep, some not... It was a wonderful way for us to get to know each other really well and start some really interesting conversations... if you know Phil, then you know that frequently he plays the, would you do this for a million bucks? how about this for this much? You get the picture... never ending and I am always on my toes (ok, I admit to rolling my eyes on a few occasions when he starts it up!)
So, some questions for you to ponder:

Who have you most feared in your life?

What is the most overused word in your vocabulary?

What would make you go insane the fastest?

What is the most important action you have ever taken?

and one more -

What was the best prize you ever won?


(I could keep on going!!!)

Happy Friday tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment