I think I must be spending more time with Emma or Lukas is talking less (playing more Wii probably!) Anyway, I feel like she has just been too funny lately.
After her bath the other night, I was making her blow and blow her nose and she finally exclaimed, "Mom! It's ok to just leave some boogs in there tonight!"
Then I was rubbing some lotion all over her body and onto her "buns"... and she says,
"Why are they called buns?"
Me: "Why do you think they are called buns?"
Little Miss: "Because they look like hot dog buns."
On FB I recently posted the following:
Emma's dictionary - the teeter-totter = the tooty tot
and
Sloop - to brush back and away. "Mommy, sloop my bangs like this!"
She was quite irritated with her dad the other day - she had a minor injury of some sort (a paper cut?) and he offered to cut the offending part/appendage as he always does... and Emma questions him, "Why do you always want to cut things off?"
(as per Phil's retelling - I can just picture it in my mind!)
At Lowe's the other day, we are outside admiring all the fancy fountains in the garden center and Emma exclaims over the exquisite 5 foot high rock waterfall one, "That is going to be what my shower is like when I get older!" I'm like what??? What gave you that idea? As the story goes, Phil and Emma were watching a remodel my house cheaply for under a million bucks show and that is the type of shower they had installed...
As per both kids, here is a little part of an argument they had the other day (in true brother/sister fashion I thought and quite surprising to me!)
E: Well, you are not going to be invited to my house when we are older.
L: You aren't invited to mine either.
E: You aren't going to be invited to swim in my mermaid pool with green, pink... (and whatever other colors she said here).
L: You aren't going to swim in my pool either...
(I hope they both live in sunny locales and I can come swim and relax by the pools in my retirement and leisure!!)
And per Lukas:
Driving in the car the other day to have lunch with dad at work...
Lukas: Why do you have two hands on the steering wheel, mom?
Mom (that's me!): That is what good drivers do.
Lukas: Well, dad only drives with one hand and he puts his other arm resting on that black thing in the middle of the seats.
Mom: As I said, good drivers have both hands on the wheel.
Lukas: Well mom, fantastic drivers drive with one hand.
(Stinker!)
And approximately 5 minutes later...
Lukas: Mom, who do you love more, Emma or me?
Me: I love my babies both the same.
Lukas: No, really mom... It is ok to say if you just love one of us a little bit more... my feelings won't even be hurt if you say Emma. Just say who you love a little bit more... it really won't hurt my feelings.
Me: I don't love either of you more than the other.
Lukas: (grumbling from the back seat)
I have no idea where they get some of their crazy ideas from on any given day...(they are only 4 and 6!)
It must be the Morehead side of the family! :)
After her bath the other night, I was making her blow and blow her nose and she finally exclaimed, "Mom! It's ok to just leave some boogs in there tonight!"
Then I was rubbing some lotion all over her body and onto her "buns"... and she says,
"Why are they called buns?"
Me: "Why do you think they are called buns?"
Little Miss: "Because they look like hot dog buns."
On FB I recently posted the following:
Emma's dictionary - the teeter-totter = the tooty tot
and
Sloop - to brush back and away. "Mommy, sloop my bangs like this!"
She was quite irritated with her dad the other day - she had a minor injury of some sort (a paper cut?) and he offered to cut the offending part/appendage as he always does... and Emma questions him, "Why do you always want to cut things off?"
(as per Phil's retelling - I can just picture it in my mind!)
At Lowe's the other day, we are outside admiring all the fancy fountains in the garden center and Emma exclaims over the exquisite 5 foot high rock waterfall one, "That is going to be what my shower is like when I get older!" I'm like what??? What gave you that idea? As the story goes, Phil and Emma were watching a remodel my house cheaply for under a million bucks show and that is the type of shower they had installed...
As per both kids, here is a little part of an argument they had the other day (in true brother/sister fashion I thought and quite surprising to me!)
E: Well, you are not going to be invited to my house when we are older.
L: You aren't invited to mine either.
E: You aren't going to be invited to swim in my mermaid pool with green, pink... (and whatever other colors she said here).
L: You aren't going to swim in my pool either...
(I hope they both live in sunny locales and I can come swim and relax by the pools in my retirement and leisure!!)
And per Lukas:
Driving in the car the other day to have lunch with dad at work...
Lukas: Why do you have two hands on the steering wheel, mom?
Mom (that's me!): That is what good drivers do.
Lukas: Well, dad only drives with one hand and he puts his other arm resting on that black thing in the middle of the seats.
Mom: As I said, good drivers have both hands on the wheel.
Lukas: Well mom, fantastic drivers drive with one hand.
(Stinker!)
And approximately 5 minutes later...
Lukas: Mom, who do you love more, Emma or me?
Me: I love my babies both the same.
Lukas: No, really mom... It is ok to say if you just love one of us a little bit more... my feelings won't even be hurt if you say Emma. Just say who you love a little bit more... it really won't hurt my feelings.
Me: I don't love either of you more than the other.
Lukas: (grumbling from the back seat)
I have no idea where they get some of their crazy ideas from on any given day...(they are only 4 and 6!)
It must be the Morehead side of the family! :)
Love the "fastastic drivers!" Your kids are just too funny! Grandma Kate
ReplyDeleteI love the new picture--they are the cutest!
ReplyDelete