I woke up to "Bop It" being played on my face today... my nose was the Bop and my forehead was the twist and my chin was the pull... if you don't know what game I am talking about, check it out at your nearest Target ! (oh, by the way, it was Emma if you had any question in your mind as to who would do that!)
We are very busy around this joint!
We just had a wonderful visit from the Moodys and the Hamiltons last weekend (more coming later!) Actually, the new photo above is from our visit to Fort Delaware, a living history museum in Delaware City, just south of here a bit. Marisa bought Lukas the Union cap andEmma the hat of the Confederacy... They were all trying to get Emma to say, "The South will rise again"... but I don't think she ever said it to anyone outside our group. (Phew!)
I told Lukas the other day, "You are grounded, if (insert whatever goofy seven year old thing he was doing to his sister) you do that again..." He interrupts me, "What does grounded mean?"
Oh well. Score one for Lukas.
The Language of Letters
For some of you who think getting a seven year old to send thank you cards that are appropriate, think again!!!!
Here is some of the revising that took place:
Instead of:
Hey you two! (Dear Grandma and Grandpa)
Thanks for all the "junk" (the gun, the money, so on...)
Why did you not come to my party? (I missed seeing you at my party...)
One final thought on Mr. Tooks - He just loves his daddy to pieces. He now has underwear like his daddy and we had quite a few days where he would check out what Phil was wearing to work and put the exact same colors on... button down shirt or what have you. It was so darn cute. It did get a little creepy when he knew what color underwear Phil was wearing and what color it was the night before... Phil just told him to stop checking his underwear out! Gross!
Lastly, my little Emma... Phil was eating his breakfast the other morning, replete with his "dogfood" cereal and yogurt. "Yes, it really is dogfood," he says to Emma. "You want a taste?" She replies, "EEewww, daddy! I hate yogurt!"
(If the stories from Phil's youth are true, then dogfood or catfood = like father like daughter!)
The more you eat of it, the better it tastes I am sure!!!!
Anyway, before I got sidetracked with all my stories, I was in Atlanta the weekend before that celebrating with SS on her graduation with her Masters!!! Wooo hooo!
Then of course was Lukie's birthday before that and I just realized I am about in March sometime to put pictures on here!!! I hope I have some downtime this summer!
That's it for now!
We are very busy around this joint!
We just had a wonderful visit from the Moodys and the Hamiltons last weekend (more coming later!) Actually, the new photo above is from our visit to Fort Delaware, a living history museum in Delaware City, just south of here a bit. Marisa bought Lukas the Union cap and
I told Lukas the other day, "You are grounded, if (insert whatever goofy seven year old thing he was doing to his sister) you do that again..." He interrupts me, "What does grounded mean?"
Oh well. Score one for Lukas.
The Language of Letters
For some of you who think getting a seven year old to send thank you cards that are appropriate, think again!!!!
Here is some of the revising that took place:
Instead of:
Hey you two! (Dear Grandma and Grandpa)
Thanks for all the "junk" (the gun, the money, so on...)
Why did you not come to my party? (I missed seeing you at my party...)
One final thought on Mr. Tooks - He just loves his daddy to pieces. He now has underwear like his daddy and we had quite a few days where he would check out what Phil was wearing to work and put the exact same colors on... button down shirt or what have you. It was so darn cute. It did get a little creepy when he knew what color underwear Phil was wearing and what color it was the night before... Phil just told him to stop checking his underwear out! Gross!
Lastly, my little Emma... Phil was eating his breakfast the other morning, replete with his "dogfood" cereal and yogurt. "Yes, it really is dogfood," he says to Emma. "You want a taste?" She replies, "EEewww, daddy! I hate yogurt!"
(If the stories from Phil's youth are true, then dogfood or catfood = like father like daughter!)
The more you eat of it, the better it tastes I am sure!!!!
Anyway, before I got sidetracked with all my stories, I was in Atlanta the weekend before that celebrating with SS on her graduation with her Masters!!! Wooo hooo!
Then of course was Lukie's birthday before that and I just realized I am about in March sometime to put pictures on here!!! I hope I have some downtime this summer!
That's it for now!
Great blog! I love the stories about the kids.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can get Lukie to blog--he has great style! If you question letting your child pet food, read the label on the pet food, and then on a box of Froot Loops, and decide for yourself! XXX Grandma Kate