I'm the mom, so I am allowed to say that, right?
Lots going on lately... and I hope to do some work on here once this weekend is over! We are hopefully spending Halloween in D.C. this year... (birthday party to attend and then trick or treating!)
Funny kid stories at present:
Emma says to me: Mom, I wish we could be poor so we could go live in a nice hotel (and then she went on to explain the basic amenities of a "nice" hotel and I am left wondering - once again - where do some of these ideas come from?)
We then discussed being homeless and hotel living and...
AnotherEmma story:
She was looking for these little hearts that I made for Phil out of shrinky-dinks one day... I think I made nine for nine years of marriage and she could only find 4 or 5. But anyway, she wanted to display them on his night table so that..."It'll make his heart beep a lot when he sees them, right mom?"
Lukie's turn:
He steps on the scale and says, "I weigh 52 pounds and 4 labs!" Phil and I are like... what?? "52 pounds and 4 labs!" Then P and I burst out laughing...
FYI:
labs = lbs on a scale
AndEmma again:
I am trying my hardest to getEmma 's soccer shoe on... not easy, ok? And I am wrangling with her foot and leg and pushing and tucking and... she interrupts me with,
"Mom, you are giving my leg a headache!"
That's it for now!
Off to soccer and hopefully, more success with the shoe process this AM!
Lots going on lately... and I hope to do some work on here once this weekend is over! We are hopefully spending Halloween in D.C. this year... (birthday party to attend and then trick or treating!)
Funny kid stories at present:
We then discussed being homeless and hotel living and...
Another
She was looking for these little hearts that I made for Phil out of shrinky-dinks one day... I think I made nine for nine years of marriage and she could only find 4 or 5. But anyway, she wanted to display them on his night table so that..."It'll make his heart beep a lot when he sees them, right mom?"
Lukie's turn:
He steps on the scale and says, "I weigh 52 pounds and 4 labs!" Phil and I are like... what?? "52 pounds and 4 labs!" Then P and I burst out laughing...
FYI:
labs = lbs on a scale
And
I am trying my hardest to get
"Mom, you are giving my leg a headache!"
That's it for now!
Off to soccer and hopefully, more success with the shoe process this AM!
No comments:
Post a Comment