Thursday, August 13, 2009

Some Summer Sayings

#1
Emma - oh little Emma!
Recently, Emma had some gas at the dinner table and she pointed straight at the GREEN beans and said, "I knew those beans would make me fart!" 

#2
Emma again!  After playing inside for a couple hours (on a beautiful day), I told the kids they needed to get outside and get some fresh air... get the stink off and all that.  Well, Emma stands as far away from me as she can and takes a deep breath, and says, "There. I've taken a deep breath of air. Can I keep playing now?"  

#3 I'll throw a Luke story in now...  words I hear coming out of Luke's mouth, "Look at it! It is humongous!"  As I notice that he and his sister are creeping ever closer to me.. I'm thinking what the heck are they talking about??  Luke then says, " Look at her boat! It is huge!"  For those of you who are not Nemo fans, a boat is a butt and therefore, in a 6 year old mindset, a butt is a boat... nuff said!!!

#4
Super cute nickname that Phil has for Luke these days -- Boos (sort of like Boss but how a six year old would spell it)!  Say Boo and add a soft s!  (I feel like I already shared this story?? Did I?)  Luke made a sticker for himself one day that said, Phils Boos... (he was playing store)... Needless to say,  Phil took it to work and put it on his corkboard.

#5
The other day I was for some reason casting a spell at Lukas with my imaginary wand... and he loudly countered my actions with... "Mom, you aren't even a real witch!  (We'd just read a story about a hag who turned a prince into a frog)  You don't have a real wand.  You don't know magic and you don't even have a witch nose!!!"  Well, thanks Lukes!  Although I wasn't ever really of the opinion that I had one... maybe a little beakish...

#6
Emma loves gum.  Let's get that out there right now.  Loves gum.  So, when she was chewing it the other day, like a pig, I said, "Please stop chewing  your gum like a pig".   Granted, I don't think she heard what I said... but she retorted, " Mom!  This is exactly how a kid chews gum!"  Touche kid, touche!


#7
My son is made of the same cloth as I am... the other day we were lounging on the escalator as it descended and no kidding, but we both crossed our legs and folded our arms in the exact same posture at the exact same time.  It was totally absurd.  And we both looked at each other like what the heckkkkk???

2 comments:

  1. I love the funny things!

    It seems to me that Luke somewhat resembles Phil's cousin James--who is tall, handsome and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 - hilarious. I now know every line in Finding Nemo because Avery looooooovvves Nemo. It cracks me up when the little girl octopus says, "That a really big butt."

    #1 & #6 - Emma rocks. That is all there is to that.

    ReplyDelete