Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Too Funny

After being totally lost for the good part of an hour, we finally find the eye docs.  (This will be funny part #2 in a moment).  But, as we are driving in the car, we are talking about getting speeding tickets and whatnot (I wasn't actually speeding - I don't think!  I was just talking to myself about getting lost and being on the same road for the third time that AM)... Anyway, where was I?  I was telling the kids I got a speeding ticket when I was quite young in a school zone, which is a big No No.  They asked about Phil then and I wasn't sure but I said he got a ticket when he crashed his car and rolled it upside down into a ditch.  Quite scary.  Lukas pipes up from the back seat --- as he can see my hand upside down, showing what his daddy's car did to get into the ditch... he asks,
"Is that how daddy lost all his hair?" 
I kid you not.  It was hysterical.


We'll name this section,
"Blind as a Bat for the First Two Weeks of First Grade". 
Now, if you are the thinking type, you are guessing at this point that Lukas for some reason could not see for the first two weeks of school.  Correctamundo.  You might also guess that we corrected the problem today at the eye doc.  Correctamundo number two.  What you might not have guessed is that same doc office "fixed" his glasses two weeks ago and put two left lenses into the poor boy's frame!??!  I kid you not for the second time today.  It sounds absolutely ridiculous as I say it but man, is that just waaaay too funny???  He was walking and living and reading and doing... for over two weeks with two left lenses.  Oh gosh, that is a riot.  Somebody come up with a funny saying for that, please!!!   Poor Luke - and he is such an agreeable kid!  And last but not least, the not so funny part of the story, the optician was refusing to fix them because they never "fixed" the right lens (which is true, unless you take into account the person who put the left lens back into the frames on the right side)... I should have just gone ballistic in the office.  The "ma'ams" didn't get me much further than a lot of muttering under their breath and barking that they'll call me when they've fixed "the problem"... awww gosh, I think something is wrong with me!  I really think I would have delighted in going a  little crazy on the lady...

No comments:

Post a Comment