Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Halloween Festivities

(before we jump into the festivities some random things and by the way, Holiday letter is the post below this post)


Let's start with some photos of the boy...One tooth lost on top (two on middle bottom already out)!


And now, two top teeth out (= no front four teeth)! Although, you can see the bottom right tooth starting to peek up! You should have seen him dig in to Buffalo Wings! (Oh, and by the way, he absolutely loves shrimp too!)







Here we are starting to see the big teeth really starting to come in!



Some funny thoughts:(and I really do mean to write down - daily - the funny things E and L do but it just doesn't happen so here are a few things that I remember at present - and also, I am writing this later in December so timing may seem weird when I actually post this.)

While we were mixing flour, sugar, eggs, and flavoring for our sugar cookies, Emma says, "This is gross, mom! It looks like raw fish!" (I'm thinking when has she ever seen raw fish and when does she think this stuff up?) I do have to give her credit for our beautiful green/white marbled sugar cookies this year. I have always done the regular "white" cookie with frosting of one color or another... but Emma wanted to know if it wouldn't be pretty to make the dough green too?!!

The day after my husband reminded me that about 50% of what I say to my children is (and I quote) "blahblahblah" (yes, think Charlie Brown-ish)... my son says to me, "Hey, mom! Tell me again about that park. You were talking yesterday and you said, "It closes at sunset and BLAHBLAHBLAH..."I could not respond... I was thinking to myself, Really? Did my six year old son just blah blah blah me??

Now for some fun random shots!Here she is in her stripey outfit - too cute! (And her Xmas socks over a month early!)
















Can anyone say BIG GUNS??



HALLOWEEN FESTIVITIES!!

The Neighborhood Fall Get-Together (AKA Walk around the block behind the fire engine blaring it's siren and horn and eat some candy)

Ready to go! Here below - kiddos are with friends and Lukas is walking behind the engine and the crowd too!)






















In the fire engine...













Emma's Party at school
















Carving Pumpkins!















With our girl dog!!!





Seven's Pumpkin - Woof! Woof!







Emma's Pumpkin (Baby theme)




Lukie's (Lost teeth theme)





My Pumpkin - Vampire (think Twilight theme)







And finally, Philip's Pumpkin





Trick or Treating










Fall activities... finito!!!


News Bulletin: This just in! Morehead siblings fighting and Mother Brenda shouts to Santa, "Did you see that Santa? Emma just threw a marker at her brother and her brother winged it right back at her!! What do you think, Santa???" Emma approaches her mother... laughing and barely able to get her sentence out... "Mom, Santa cannot hear you in the Northpole!" (She is indeed right now... yelling up the chimney after I informed her that Santa was magic and quite fortunately, he was able to hear me. This of course is after she told me (actually, the whole family as we were out on our See-the-Holiday Lights Drive) yesterday that Rudolph was not real and Santa was not real either then!!! She based the "I do not believe in Santa argument" on the fact that Rudolph is only a story because there are noooo reindeer that have red noses - right, mom??? So, no Rudolph = no Santa. You should have heard Lukas going nuts in the back defending Santa!!!



Neighborhood Walk Around the Block!





14, 000 Things to Be Happy About:
page 429
elegant white bed linens
juicy barbecued delights
writing a final sentence
being moved by a book or by nature
bridal showers
going to sleep

Questions:
Who is the most interesting person you have ever met?

What is the worst vacation you ever took?

When did you show the most courage ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment