Recently we were given a very cool Countdown to Easter Calendar. Each day you have to open a door on the ark and see what animal awaits you. Then, you read a couple Bible passages, learn about the animal and be taught about making good choices and being a good person. Pretty basic and teaches the kiddos some things that I obviously am not teaching them in terms of religion/God. We started catching up on the days since we were a couple days behind and upon waking up Sunday, I told Lukas he had to finish his homework before there was to be any Wii played for the day. I come downstairs to find that he is "reading" the Bible - "Mom, look there is a whole section with my name!" (I've told him this before but I guess until he saw it with his own eyes, he didn't believe me or understand what I was talking about!) So, we learned about Lent and how people "fast". (And I just remembered that I forgot to tell them that their Gma Mary gives up her beloved Pepsi for the 40 days and 40 nights!) Anyway, both kids agree that they want to give up chocolate because they don't like it very much!! That was funny. I put on the breaks and explained that it had to be something that you really still wanted but you would sacrifice (I'm not sure if I said that word actually) a little bit for the Lenten season...
My big boy Luke said he would give up his nightly snack. We'll see how he does on this! I think I would rather he had it because he is so darn skinny!
Emma said she would give up cooking dinner with mom because she really, really likes it!
That's my girl!
And for the record, I don't think I am giving anything!
Certainly, NOT the Olympics! Go USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment