Monday, March 7, 2011

Emma-isms

Emma: Where are you going to live when you are a grandma?
Me: I don't know? Why?
E: (obviously has it all planned out)
You are going to live by me and I am going to work
and you are going to watch my kids.
Remember mom, you are going to have to pick them up
from school and stuff like that...


She tells me...
E: Mom, do you know that you have hair in your nose
that helps you eat and taste your food?
M: Yep! And did you know that you have hair in your ears
that help you hear? (Then further explaining how that might be why she
has a hard time hearing - damage to her little hairs).
E: (she's got the sly look on her face)
Maybe we have hair on our eyeballs to help us see?

Then she bursts out laughing - thinking about how funny that would be!!!



E: How do you know if a boy is married, mom?
M: Uh... you look to see if he has a ring on his finger. You ask him.
E: Can a boy have two wives?
M: (disregarding a certain subculture in Utah) You would have to
move to another country for that to happen.
E: Can we move to another country?
M: Why? (I am thinking oh - maybe she wants to marry Lukas
and he already told her he was marrying someone else or maybe she
wants to marry Daddy but I am the lucky one there)
Do you have a boy you think you might like to marry who maybe is marrying someone else?
E: I think Dad should have another wife.
M: Excusssse me?
E: Then we could have more kids and more fun around here!

(I'M NOT KIDDING YOU! These are the conversations I have with her on a daily basis!)

About two hours later...

Mom, can a girl marry two boys?

(I just might have my hands full with this child later in life!)




Warning: Fart and Giggle Club - Emma is now a full member!

I tell her - "You fart again and you owe me $5!"
(Let's just say she was having waaay too much fun with gas!)
Then she continues to rip one! (Darn, just remembered I never collected
the money!) Anyway, I look at her like, really???
And she says, "That was the period at the end of your sentence!"
Unbelievable!!!


And poor Phil... I thought we were past this... I am trying my hardest to have gray hair
and put on some weight... but one of my students asked if Phil was my dad the other day!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. "That was the period at the end of your sentence!" That is simply awesome. Period. And yes, I wanted to punctuate that sentence in a manner that would make Emma proud, but my body did not cooperate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But really why is there not a Brother Husbands show....you know Sister Wives??? this questions was asked on Oprah last week. But Emma beware,,you really dont want more than one man...lol..love that girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete